A POEM FOR NALAH


A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam.

For a brief moment it's glory and beauty belong to our world.

But then it flies on again, and though we wish it could have stayed, we feel so lucky just to have seen it.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentine

 Nalah, you have taught me how to truly love and be loved. I did not understand unconditional love until my journey with you.  You taught me that I was capable of such love, and receiving the same.You gave so much to your family, more than we could ever give you. I will always be grateful. Each year I will proudly say that you, Nalah (with your sister of course) are My Valentine.

I love you more than I could ever express. My love for you is bigger than the universe, and I hope you can feel my love around you today, especially.

In this photo you are the spitting image of my first grade photo, my first day of school. I think it is quite sweet that we have a photo which shows the resemblance between us. I was fiddling with photos on my iPhone when you gave me this smile. I know you were posing. You never were shy for the camera, and I am glad we have 15,000 photos of you.  I am off to see Opa this morning. I know you are a special Valentine for him too. We all love and miss you today my girl. XXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment