A POEM FOR NALAH


A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam.

For a brief moment it's glory and beauty belong to our world.

But then it flies on again, and though we wish it could have stayed, we feel so lucky just to have seen it.

Thursday, February 2, 2012


My sweetheart...enjoying cuddles with Momma and her dolly...about two years old. This photo reminds me of Nalah's calm, affectionate, easy-going disposition. Nalah loved being with her family, she delighted in play time, cuddle time, any together time. So did we. Nalah was very fond of her dolly's and would put her arm around them while she slept. I always found that very sweet. I miss those days of having Nalah on my lap, close to my heart. Nalah would always prefer being held on my left side. Even when very small she would fuss if I tried to hold her the other direction, with her head to my right. Nalah was always clear about her preferences, and she likes to be held by her Momma's heart. I am grateful for every cuddle, and my arms long to hold her still.

No comments:

Post a Comment