A POEM FOR NALAH


A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam.

For a brief moment it's glory and beauty belong to our world.

But then it flies on again, and though we wish it could have stayed, we feel so lucky just to have seen it.

Friday, February 17, 2012

My Promise

In early days, when all was so uncertain and life swayed in the balance, I came up with a little chant to repeat to Nalah. To encourage each other, i guess. I repeated this often, through tears, in the PICU or NICU, and finally at her grave. Here it is... Unsophisticated but heartfelt:

"I brought you into this world, and I am going to see you through it,
Beginning, middle and end, somehow.
You will never be alone, we will always be together
Our spirits are connected somehow,
You are a part of me, and I am a part of you
We are a family.
Mommy, Daddy, Karis and Nalah.
You have brought such sunshine to our lives,
You are our precious Baby Angel
I brought you into this world, and I am going to see you through it...
With lots and lots and lots of LOVE"

NALAH, YOU ARE LOVED!

I admit, a poet I am not.
A loving Mommy, I will always be,

Happy Birthday Darling Nalah. You will always be my Miracle on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment