A POEM FOR NALAH


A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam.

For a brief moment it's glory and beauty belong to our world.

But then it flies on again, and though we wish it could have stayed, we feel so lucky just to have seen it.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Nalah & Karis


One of my greatest joys in life was watching my two girls play together. Love grew so strongly between them. To this day, Karis often opens the window and yells "I love you Nalah" to the heavens. Nalah is in our hearts, and minds, always. This photo speaks volumes about how triosmy siblings know and love their family. Karis often choose to sit with Nalah and play with her, rather than doing something more 'active' which Karis would be capable of. We had many ballet recitals, music concerts, art shows, all presented by Karis for Nalah. I stumbled across this photo today and Nalah's love for her big sister always makes me smile. I am sad these two cannot be together, for now. Just the other day Karis, aged five, asked to be buried beside her sister. We all want to be close, as close as we can be. Nalah, save a place for us. We will all join you someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment